Stay on the cutting edge of child-focused policy and healthy child development.
Learn more Review HIGH FIVE’s accomplishments and recognition Browse the HIGH FIVE National Network Hear from others Spread the word
HIGH FIVE is a research-based, holistic quality assurance framework trusted by more than 400 providers of children’s programs across Canada. In fact, it’s THE recognized industry standard of quality for kids programs in Canada, and is supported and acknowledged by many and varied organizations and bodies in the private and public sectors.
It provides organizations across Canada with scientifically-validated tools that enhance program safety and quality through training, policies and assessments, while nurturing staff development. HIGH FIVE organizations are providing more than 1 million kids annually with positive experiences.
Municipal and provincial governments and policy makers across Canada have recognized the HIGH FIVE Standard for its contribution to healthy child development. HIGH FIVE is used by governments as a criterion for funding and as a benchmark for excellence. HIGH FIVE has raised awareness of the importance of a quality experience for children with policy makers across Canada.
The HIGH FIVE training, resources and assessment tool are continually being enhanced to reflect the latest research.
HIGH FIVE has collaborated with researchers to integrate the latest knowledge into the training and resources on topics such as:
- Healthy Competition
- Physical Literacy
- Mental Health
- Injury Prevention
- Healthy Eating
As a result, practitioners using HIGH FIVE are better equipped to offer safe, fun and effective programs that keep children active and healthy.
On the front lines of children’s programs, organizations use HIGH FIVE to:
- Train and develop staff to have expertise in working with kids aged 6-12
- Assess their programs using the scientifically-validated QUEST 2 Tool
- Establish child-focused policies and procedures to manage risk
- Create awareness of the importance of high quality programs for kids
HIGH FIVE provides an evidence-based approach to quality experiences for kids, empowering them to excel in life.
- 98% of HIGH FIVE organizations have improved the experience of kids in their programs*
- 97% of HIGH FIVE organizations agree HIGH FIVE fosters healthy child development and creates opportunities for play/physical activity*
- Research has proven that the five HIGH FIVE Principles of healthy child development are necessary to provide a positive experience for children in programs which, in turn, keeps them active for life
- 8 out of 10 sector professionals agree HIGH FIVE is vital to helping kids stay active for life
* (HIGH FIVE Impact Study, 2016)